Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lollapalooza

This past weekend was Lollapalooza

To me Lollapalooza evokes memories of Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden; also it reminds me of being 7 years old. Once it stopped touring in 1997 I figured I would never go...then it started up only in Chicago and I thought I'd never go.

There is no such thing as never I guess :)



Day 1 was brought to you by my friend Chad who scored us passes



Oversized and Overpriced



My love of PiƱa coladas knows no end



Mistakenly saw Kings of Leon instead of the Killers - totally rad none the less



Day 2 photos are brought to you by Bobby Burg!



Bobby took this photo during Atmosphere because there was a Canadian flag



Randy separated his shoulder the night before in Milwaukee :(



No Age backstage



Grant Park is a beautiful location for a festival, or a picnic



Day 3, late in the day, thanks Bobby for slipping off your pass for me :)
Caught the end of Deerhunter but no worries I'll be seeing them later



Band of Horses - fuck I love them



Jumbotron view - best seat in the house backstage, climbed on a pile of stacked folding chairs



perfect moment



Yay finally got to see The Killers!!!
Not going to lie - I fucking loved it



That photo was stolen off flickr, this is where I actually was standing
They saved "He doesn't look a thing like Jesus" song until the encore and every single person sang along - which made me realize something fucked up
Every single person knew it because of Rock Band.


10s of thousands of people leaving at once


Did I mention how much I love Chicago?
Because it's a lot


Ran from downtown to Logan Square to see No Deachunter show - Bobby loves Dean


..and I love Bobby


I can't remember the last time I was this exhausted - wake up at 630 work all day run to Lollapallooza then head to another crazy show
I could not have done it if I had to stand a second longer - best seat in the house


Dan Deacon is a fucking Puppet Master


Last song - everybody played Everybody's Down!!!!!!

To be perfectly honest I think that No Deachunter made a lot more sense on paper than in reality. I could feel a definite divide in the audience, people stoked to see No Age huddled up with people stoked to see DeerHunter and all the Dan Deacon fans getting in the way.
For me, definitely not enough No Age.

Sidenote: I ran into Bradford Cox at Guitar Centre in Atlanta just the other day and tried to say hi but he got all rockstar on me and I tried to explain that I was not from Atlanta and just saw him in Chicago and then things got even more awkward....oh well

No comments:

Post a Comment