Monday, August 3, 2009

I am disgusted by the youth of today

What did I do this weekend?


15 years ago I was 10 years old, and a little too young to go to Warped Tour. But by the time I was 13 I had crowed surfed during Green Day at my first full blown festival. I've been to 4 warped tours and had so much fun at all of them, but it's been 3 years since the last one (which I went to only because of my little brother). I was very excited this year to have an excuse to go...if only I had known was I was getting into.


This is what I walked into - Millionaires
I had no idea that this existed, I did however know (and hate) the fact that 3oh!3 and BrokenCYDE were on Warped Tour, but this THIS I was not prepared for.
They're not a band, they are not talented, they are the worst thing on earth.
Songs about a-l-c-o-h-o-l, and "talk shit" perpetuate everything that is wrong in this world.
photo stolen from CM on Flickr


yay - Canadian Band! I missed Alexisonfire the past few warped tours somehow, it was really nostalgic hearing them/seeing them


This is Zach, he'll fuck anything that walks
Black Tide is sharing a bus with my friend so we got to hang out with some funny kids from Florida
photo stolen from myspace



The reason we came - POS
30 minutes was definitely not enough, the song Purexed is currently blowing my mind


Wanna know what's sad?
Bad Religion playing at 3:55 to practically no one
They even played Fuck Armageddon!!
Come on Children - this is punk rock history!



Second reason that I came - Anti-Flag
They only slightly disappointed, but that was expected.
They played Die for your Government 3rd - it's supposed to be last
One Trillion Dollars really summed it up
"One trillion dollars, makes me wanna kill myself!"
photo stolen from Jazmin Millions





Things that made me cringe this year at Warped Tour
  • This band 30h!3 and the fact that everyone loves it (Millionaires and BrokenCYDE also included)
  • The large number of girls not wearing shoes and boys not wearing shirts it was like 60 degrees and raining
  • Incredible line ups for everything that made it near impossible to walk from one stage to the next
  • Dyed green goatees
photo stolen from someone on Flickr


Had to avoid the idiots - hung out by the bus with Tracy doing a crossword




said idiots



Group photo: Ashleigh, Stef, Friend, James, myself and Brian




I have a mustache on my face and a mustache on my chest



So after Warped Tour we drove the hour long drive back to Chicago from Tinely Park just in time to see our other friends from Minneapolis - what was majorly surprising was seeing Paypes!!!
John aka Paper Tiger aka PAYYYY-AYPES!
Eventhough we knew that Doomtree was preforming we just assumed that if Paypes was witht them he would have texted us...he did not haha




Well I'm going to go dj for 5 hours



Doomtree at Reggies - wish we could have stayed for the entire show but it was just too long of a day for us

Music has really changed over the past 15 years, there's always been something to be outraged about. I remember being so disgusted at the likes of Britney Spears, but her songs seem totally tame compared to the bullshit that's being produced today.
Reason #31 why I'm never having kids has just been added to the list: Thanks Warped Tour




No comments:

Post a Comment