Friday, January 1, 2010

Top 9's of '09

Sorry this is definitely late - apparently the end of 2009 was busy.
Last year my New Years Resolution was to make a blog because "I'm thinking 2009 will be awesome so I want to be able to remember it."
I couldn't have been more right!!
2009 was fucking incredible and thanks to this blog I have great documentation of it.

To begin, in no order at all

Top 9 of '09 Albums:

Dinosaur JR - Farm
Passion Pit - Manners
Atlas Sound - Logos
Sunset Rubdown - Dragonslayer
Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
Japandroids - Post Nothing
Mannequin Men - Lose your illusion, too
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz
The Dutchess and The Duke - Sunset/Sunrise



**Sidenote: The Dirty Projectors were HIGH on everyone's top lists this year and I have no idea why....if someone can explain to me why people like this shit I will knit you a scarf.


Top 9 of '09 Movies:


Inglourious Basterds
Sherlock Holmes
Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day*
I love you, Man
Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince
District 9
Coco before Chanel
The Fantastic Mr. Fox
Zombieland
*BEST MOVIE EVER
**this is really just a list of 9 movies I saw this year....I don't watch enough movies.

Top 19 of '09 Concerts: (in chronological order)

Les Savy Fav @ Epiphany
These Arms Are Snakes @ Subterranean
No Age @ SXSW
Anni Rossi @ SXSW
Ratatat @ Metro
Paletazo @ a vineyard in Lucca
Kid Ikarus @ somewhere in Paris
This Town Needs Guns @ 100 Club in London
Propagandhi @ The Bottom Lounge*
Killer Whales @ a basement show
Flaming Lips @ Pitchfork
The Killers @ Lollapalooza
Wavves @ The Empty Bottle**
Japandroids @ Schuba's
NOFX @ The Congress Theater
Atlas Sound @ The Bottom Lounge
Pool of Frogs @ The Darkroom
The Dutchess and The Duke @ The Empty Bottle
Mannequin Men @ The Empty Bottle


*dream come true - my first time seeing them live
**also dream come true - finally saw Zach Hill drumming

I can say without a doubt that 2009 was the best year of my life - my new years resolution for 2010 is to top it!! Also, to get Bobby to do a blog post at least once :)

No comments:

Post a Comment