Thursday, December 30, 2010

Resolutions


I love New Years resolutions - I take that shit seriously. One year I resolved to floss 5 times more than usual, another year I resolved to save every single receipt and be more financially aware, in 2009 I resolved to start this blog and in 2010 I resolved to read a book a month.

Now that 2010 is so fucking over I have exceeded my goal and hope to continue on this trend. I totally forgot how much I love books and how great reading can be. So here is a list of the best books that I read this year - inspired by my friend Dee's list at The Paper Crane.

TOP 10 BOOKS I read in 2010
Not in any kind of heirarchical order:

Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell
100 Years or Solitude - Gabriel García Márquez
Geek Love - Kathrine Dunn
Tokyo Vice - Jake Adelstein
Perfume - Patrick Süskind
Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End Of The World - Haruki Murakami
Kafka on The Shore -
Haruki Murakami
Musicophilia - Oliver Sacks
Denialism - Michael Specter
Shoot The Buffalo - Matt Briggs
sidenote: the 2 worst books I read - Girl With The Dragon Tattoo & Everything is Illuminated. Fuck those books...seriously.

For 2011 I resolve to be in a band again, I think I'm going to try to learn the guitar. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment