Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Love of Everything

Last night the unthinkable happened - Summer Girlfriends played with Love of Everything at The Empty Bottle. It was definitely a monumental moment for both Bobby and I, and I'm happy to report that it was SO MUCH FUN!!!!

Chris Hansen as Paletazo started the night. I always love hearing those songs. Then some strangers played some music that had horns (sorry dudes, I ran outside to talk on the phone during your set). Then it was our turn. I've played the Bottle before, plus I practically live there, so I thought it was totally no big deal. But once I was up on that stage (the highest stage we've played so far as Summer Girlfriends) looking out at near 300 people, yeah I was a little scared.

But we totally killed it!
(Photo by Kristin Aardsma)


The new Love of Everything songs are amazing, but what was most surprising was that on the old songs I used to play, Matt plays the exact same beat. I found myself with a permanent shit-eating-grin air drumming along to I love all you guys.
Go buy Bobby's new 7" here: BUY IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment