Saturday, March 6, 2010

getting through the winter in Chicago

It's Spring in Chicago!! The second worse season.....where Mother Nature loves to fuck with us. For the past few days it's been above freezing and nothing but sunshine, but I'm not getting my hopes up, next week it will probably snow or maybe we'll have a tropical storm? There is no way of knowing what March is going to be like.

But the itch to get out of the house and do as much as possible kicked in fully this Friday.

First stop - The Museum of Contemporary Art


all around amazing dudes Matt Clark and Jeremy Lemos have an exhibit on display this month!!
Go see it this Tuesday March 9th at 7pm - It's free and Disappears will be playing


art openings, for people who don't really like art, are popular
(this is actually from last month, but it was just as packed full of idiots)


Next I went over to Whirlyball to celebrate Mike Kinsella's birthday, while Bobby went to the Empty Bottle
Whirlyball is an imaginary sport that combines basketball, lacrosse and bumper cars and is surprisingly awesome


Then a sold out show at the Empty Bottle - I missed the first 2 bands but Bobby assures me they were awesome.
First up - Clovers!

Then Free Energy
which I believe everyone showed up to see
I'm stoked to get to see them at SXSW!


Finally Foreign Born!!
They were totally awesome
Our friend Scott from LA was on tour with them doing sound and ended up at mistakes with Bobby - oh Chicago and you're 4am bars. Danger.
I went to bed by 3 so all the gossip will have to come from Bobby - I hear it was a pretty rad night :)

Thanks Flickr and myspace for all the stolen photos..I need to start bringing out a camera again

No comments:

Post a Comment