Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The dangers of living one block away from The Empty Bottle


The past week I spent 5 nights in a row at the Empty Bottle

stolen off flickr

oh I know this corner all to well


Tuesday night I managed to hit up Subterranean before the Bottle to see Vacations Bobby's other, more awesome band
I forgot a camera but Caitlin took this rad video

stolen from Claire

Tuesday - Dead Meadow
turns out because I'm not a stoner this music really doesn't interest me

not stolen at all

Wednesday night was the much anticipated Pissed Jeans show - I missed it last time they played here and was sooo stoked.
It totally ruled!!

stolen from flickr

Thursday night - Dosh
The last time I saw Dosh (which was actually the first time) it was in Minneapolis and it blew my mind. This time round he played a lot of new songs and there was an added member to the band who played saxophone...I hate the saxophone

stolen of myspace

Friday night I failed at seeing Best Coast so luckily I got to see Pool of Frogs - 4 of the most hilarious dudes. These guys put on a really awesome show.
It was missing one special thing though. Amanda drunk, dancing, heckling, and singing along.

And of course Saturday night, I ended up at the Empty Bottle for the end of Record Store Day to see Disappears.

Thanks Empty Bottle staff for being my friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment