Saturday, April 24, 2010

Guilty Pleasure

Last night Ashleigh and I went to the Congress to see one of my total guilty pleasures GOGOL BORDELLO!!!

photo from the balcony on my cell phone

What I love about this band is that it's non-stop fun. Last time I saw them play in Vancouver it was to less than 1000 people and it was still total mayhem - I probably lost like 5lbs dancing for 2 hours. This time they played to over 3000 people and it was totally jaw-droppingly-awesome. Seeing 3000 people start jumping and dancing when the band starts the first note of Wonderlust King made me smile so much my face hurt.

I assume the same sort of thing happens when Girl Talk or Passion Pit play a sold out show at the Congress but I also assume that those 3000 people are douchebags (I actually think Passion Pit played to like 4500 people)

Don't get me wrong, I hate hippies. I saw no less than 20 girls wearing jeans under their skirts and at least 6 dudes with face tattoos, but everyone was just there to have a good time - no one was trying to prove they were into whatever was the newest coolest thing to like. In fact I feel shameful for how much I totally love this band - no one thinks you're cool for listening to gypsy punk.

photo stolen from flickr

my love of mustaches and accordions knows no end

No comments:

Post a Comment