Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lucca, Italy

We stopped in Pisa for the night because it was very close to Lucca which was the next show. Figured that would give us time to hang out in Pisa and be tourists. Maybe it wasn't worth the 4 hour night drive through the mountains that nearly killed us all (mentally not physically). Luckly Dima is the greatest driver ever. I love Italy - I wish we had more time here, maybe next time. However, I am on a strict diet of espresso, croissants and second hand smoke and I'm really ready for a change.

View from our hotel room - no big deal


It's really leaning!


trying to recreate a photo we took infront of the fake leaning tower in Niles, Il.


Duff beer for me, Duff beer for you, I'll have a Duff, You have one too!

This one's for you Gillard...and Denholm


Excellent idea Bobby, we've got time to kill - let's rent bikes and ride around Pisa!!!


This immediately became a bad idea - this is the photo Hansen managed to take WHILST falling off his bike. Don't take picture and ride - lesson learned


wounds


Love it! Man playing a saw on the street - spoons has got someone to look up to


riding safely


unbelievable market full of wonderful things


Bobby can't open his eyes


the hour drive to Lucca was too much for us - we had to take a break


Nice photo Hansen


arrived in Lucca a few hours early - THEY HAD WIFI!!!!
None of us spoke until our laptop batteries were drained


sooooooooo this is the backyard of the place we played


oh yeah and the pool just steps away from us


Dima working hard :)


really could get used to this


This is the WONDERFUL Martina - who was rad enough to ask us to come play in Lucca. Love you Martina - love you so much


so this is like the outside of the restaurant - which is where we played. I don't think I've ever been somewhere so beautiful


dinner buffet for birthday party guests and us - home cooked Italian food - are you kidding me??


The "swill" as it was called. Just some fucking delicious local red wine and by local I mean literally steps away


I think we each had 3 full plates of food and I ate more potato chips than anyone ever should. But before I had only had my daily amount of coffee, cigarettes and chocolate filled croissants


Hanging out in the vineyard drinking wine - so awesome


being adorable


being even more adorable


damn this is gay


Bobby and Martina's boyfriend Jay - he's from Pittsburg of all places


the little town of Montecarlo


this is where we played - just like on the patio. oh right did I mention this was just someone's Birthday? We were totally hired to play an Italian woman's birthday at a 4 star vineyard resort place


Birthday Friends! Hansen and Tobia (maybe that's his name)


drinking wine from plastic cups still tastes great in Italy


the most amazing coffee and biscotti


more birthday friends! major partying happening


lots of Italian dogs to hang out with


too much partying for me and the little Italian dog

I'm not exaggerating when I say this was the most amazing experience - it wasn't anything like playing at a bar, or a cafe or anything. We were so welcomed and treated like royalty. I definitely will be coming back to Lucca for a holiday.

also why there are a million photos from this day - trust me I really edited it down too I could have shown at least 50 more beautiful photos of this place. Totally paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment